We Help You Legal has been a part of the Central Coast community since 2001. We support our community individually and together as a group.
Meet our team
Christopher Renee Rush, Legal Document Assistant
- Education: West Los Angeles College AA., Paralegal Studies
- Certifications: Legal Document Assistant, San Luis Obispo County #260; California Notary Public
- Affiliations: California Association of Legal Document Assistants (CALDA), Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce. San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce.
Cristina Mendoza, Owner
- Education: Cuesta College – Paralegal
- Certifications: Legal Document Assistant, San Luis Obispo County #269, California Notary Public
- Affiliations: Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce, Member. San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce, Member.
Lisa Groves, Operations, Case Manager
- Education: Colorado Technical University Bachelors of Science with a concentration in Business Management, Cuesta College – Paralegal
- Certifications: Legal Document Assistant, San Luis Obispo County #271, California Notary Public
Legal Document Assistants
A Legal Document Assistant (LDA) is an experienced professional who is authorized under California law to assist the public in preparing legal documents for consumers. However, an LDA is not an attorney, and cannot provide legal advice, or represent individuals in court. LDA’s have similar educational background as a paralegal, and are required by law to be registered and bonded in the county in which they have their principal place of business. (Business & Professions Code, Section 6400, et. seq).
The registration is valid for two years, at which time it must be renewed. In the past, individuals who assisted the public in completing legal documents were permitted to call themselves Independent Paralegals. Effective January 1, 2004, Business and Professions Code Section 6450 redefined “paralegal” to mean only those persons who work for, and are supervised by, attorneys. Excluded from that definition are LDA’s. LDA’s are prohibited from calling themselves paralegals. The LDA statute requires LDA’s to maintain a bond, and to be registered, to offer document preparation services to the public. Paralegals are not required to register, as they work only for attorneys, and not for consumers.
We Help You legal is a “self-help” legal document assistance company that provides document preparation without the high cost of an attorney.
We Help You Legal, Inc. is not a law firm. We cannot represent you in court, advise you about your legal rights or the law, or select forms for you.
Licensed and Bonded in California, San Luis Obispo County LDA # 260 Exp. 11/02/2022 Bond #64424622, LDA #269 Bond # _G SU GLS7 3, LDA 271 Bond #66366997, Business License #6893.